Tri-Local is designed to engage, educate and motivate our community to support local businesses and to keep their money within the Tri-Cities.
As the face of local businesses, the Tri-Local Collective strives to show consumers first-hand how their support of local independent businesses goes beyond those store-fronts and into the community as a whole.
Keeping Our Community Thriving, Together
The Tri-Cities Chamber is proud to be a lead member of the Tri-Local Collective — an initiative that is geared towards educating and motivating our community to support local Tri-Cities businesses and business owners.
Taste Of The Tri-Cities
The Taste of the Tri-Cities festival is back! Participating food and beverage establishments in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody will have exclusive offers for customers from February 16 to March 10, including set menus, take-out specials and limited-time discounts. Local businesses who wish to participate are urged to register now.
For more information or to register, please visit Tri-Local’s website and follow @trilocalnow on Instagram for news and updates.
What is the Tri-Local Collective?
Tri-Local is a collective effort to support local businesses in the Tri-Cities.
Having first begun as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020, the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce recognized that local businesses would struggle to thrive during lockdowns and capacity restrictions.
Foreseeing the need for a shop local initiative, the Chamber reached out to its partners, and together, they created the Tri-Local Collective.
Why Support Local?
Shopping local means supporting our local neighbours and their businesses. It’s about giving our appreciation to local businesses for making our community unique.
Did you know that local businesses impact a community by:
- Supporting local sports teams, events, and charities
- Increasing city revenue by paying taxes, resulting in improved roads and schools
- Reducing unemployment by providing jobs to our community
- Creating a unique community identity
- Creating competition which gives us better products and services.
- Shopping local is not just about the local economy, it’s about the people who make the Tri-Cities a thriving community!
Ways to Support Local
As a member of our Tri-Cities community, make the decision to spend your dollars locally and contribute towards our local economy. Local businesses donate 24X more per dollar earned to local charities than multinationals!
The next time you’re deciding on where to eat, what store to shop from, or where to purchase a gift from, think local first.
But that’s not all! Go beyond financial support and show our local businesses some love with your actions, time, and words, because when we support local businesses, we all win.
Here is a list of creative ways you can support local businesses:
- Like, comment, and share their social media posts
- Engage with the business on social media and make your own posts
- Leave a positive review on Google, Yelp, or their social media page(s)
- Word of mouth has a large impact. Tell a friend or relative about a local business you love
- Purchase gift cards from a local business to gift to friends